United States of America
The U.S. is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean. Major Atlantic Coast cities are New York, a global finance and culture centre, and capital Washington, DC. Midwestern metropolis Chicago is known for influential architecture and on the west coast, Los Angeles' Hollywood is famed for filmmaking.
The United States is a federal republic and a representative democracy. It is a founding member of the United Nations, World Bank, International Monetary Fund, Organization of American States (OAS), NATO, and other international organizations.
The United States is a vast land and, as a result, most people plan their trips within a given region, be it the East Coast, the Southwest, the beaches of Florida or California, or outlying regions like Hawaii and Alaska. The USA is home to some of the most spectacular scenery in the world and some of the most recognizable icons on the globe.
Some interesting facts about the USA
– Its flag was designed by a high school student, The current US flag features 50 stars and was designed by Robert G. Heft. Heft initially created the American flag in 1958 as the school project during his junior year in high school.
– 100 acres of pizza are served in the United States every day, pizza surpasses burgers as the nation’s favourite fast food. According to the pizza industry trade organization in the US, about 100 acres of pizza is served every day.
– Annually, the U.S. spends more on its military than the next seven highest-ranking countries in military spending combined.
– The internet was first conceptualized in the United States.
– The U.S. owns the GPS (Global Positioning System).
– A cat served as honorary mayor for 20 years in Talkeetna, Alaska.
– Dwarf-tossing in establishments that sell liquor is illegal in Florida.
Good to Know
Read the basic info and also some fun facts about United States of America (USA)
Municipalities in Alabama,Colorado,Florida,Arizona,Connecticut,Maryland,Pennsylvania,New York,American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, United States Virgin Islands and United States Minor Outlying Islands.
Leave a Reply
Do you have some comments or questions for us? We’d love to hear from you! Don’t be shy! Feel free to drop us a message!